Sunday, August 5, 2012

As I take off on Thursday of this week, I am going to do my best to keep everyone updated on things while I am gone. My goal for this blog is going to post stories, and lots of pictures. The story here is that God is awesome and faithful, and I am going to Germany. This has been a very exciting week for me. Here is a quick recap:

Monday: I realized I had unofficially reached 90% of my financial goal which is the amount required for me to be able to go to Germany. I began emailing with TeachBeyond to get a plane ticket.

Tuesday: The above statement began to sink in.

Wednesday: I officially got a plane ticket.

Thursday-Friday: I began compiling and doing the items on my list of things to do before I leave including but limited to cleaning out my closet, going through my clothes, making a pile of things to pack, etc.

Saturday: I got my most recent statement, and discovered that I had not only reached 90% financially, but officially had about 2% over my financial goals.


Thank you so much for helping me get to that 100% this summer. Thank you for your encouragement, for your prayers, for your financial gifts, for your monthly pledges, and for support as I serve at BFA. I could not being going without your support!




 Going through winter clothes. This just feels a little strange when it is close to 100 degrees outside.




My current pile of things to pack. Rest at ease, I am taking my ukulele and a pair of clogging shoes.




And this is the other bed I am using to throw stuff on that I still need to go through 
and decide what to do with.



 Despite using up two beds to pack, progress has been made elsewhere. My closet has been cleaned out, and my extra stuff properly stored.


My next post will be from Germany. Until then, I will be going through all of my stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment